My parents came over and I got to see my dad without a mask on for the first time in about 3 months. Of course, we have been keeping our distance in the wake of Covid-19. My parents aren’t as young as they used to be and I don’t have to go too far to feel what it’s like to be missing a parent.
My dad and I sat down and looked at some old photos I have on my computer. It was great to see him get excited about some of the family shots I have from back when he was young. There were a few of my Auntie Nancy and we talked about how much we miss her. She was a wild spirit, the second youngest of his siblings, and we all had a special connection with her.
This is my favorite. Apparently this is a Peever family vacation and it just so happens my Grandpa Vic used to travel with boxing gloves in his car (go figure). I imagine Nance was always eager to get the gloves on for a little mid-morning tilt!
Things I love about this photo:
- My Grandpa’s shoes, damn those are sweet kicks.
- The fact that he carries boxing gloves in his car.
- I love how he is right into this action like he’s scoring Tyson VS Holyfield.
- My dad in the background watching like it’s just another day at the Peever house.
- The smile on Nancy’s face throwing that hard left.
- My dad said she mopped the floor with this kid.
Happy Father’s day to all the great parent’s out there.